Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Daddy Difference


I really think there is a difference in how men and women view their children, and I don't mean this in a negative way. Let me share...
Today when I came home from work I took Madison for a walk (I didn't have to tutor, so there was some much needed extra Mommy and Maddie time), I fed her dinner and also gave her a bath. We sang some songs along the way and I even had her belly laughing when she was lying on our bed. (She was surrounded by blankets, because as you know she could have rolled off even though I was standing right there..alright, alright....I am a bit overprotective....which does directly correlate with my point, that I will get to....eventually).
After a few belly laughs, it was time for me to make one of my famous dinners....rice, turkey sausage and steamed veggies. Maddie and I were cooking. I was explaining to her that safety is important in the kitchen when you are using a knife. When Daddy got home everything changed...
"Oh Madison, Daddy had a horrible day at work today and I love seeing you," Carmen said to her as he picked her out of her Exersaucer and placed her on top of the refrigerator....yup, the fridge. Now as you can see that is high off the ground, yet Maddie didn't feel scared at all, she liked it. Carmen didn't need to jump around and sing to her to make her happy or smile...he just needed to what he does best. I guess I was right when I said having a child gives Carmen a license to be just that...a kid at heart. One who adores his daughter and has no problems having a great time with her!


Locations of visitors to this page

No comments: