Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Poor Meesha

Madison is sick and I wish I could be sick for her. The poor thing is teething and has not been able to breathe through her nose for the past few days. She currently sounds like a motor-boat while she sleeps. I sure hope these pearly whites break through her gums soon! If not, poor Daddy, may end up having a nervous breakdown....you think I'm kidding...see below:

Carmen was so concerned for her last night. When he got home from work she was all tucked into my arms in one of her comatose states and he had this horrible look on his face.
"What's wrong with my baby girl?'
"Carmen, it's her teeth. I have already called my mom twice and the doctor already called me back. Dr. Bowman said that as long as we can get a few more ounces in her she will..."
"We should take her to the emergency room," he said as he felt her forehead and tried to get a smile out of her, flailing his arms like a bird who cannot fly. "She always smiles when I get home from work, Kris she is not smiling, she needs to go to the hospital."
"Carmen her gums are bugging her, yes, she has a high fever, but we are not taking her to the hospital, Mr. Over-Protective. The doctor said that by tomorrow morning..."
"I have a say in this too, you know. She still isn't smiling, 'my poor baby-girl, Daddy will make it all better'." He scooped her off of my lap and tried to make it all better. "Do you need to go the hospital? no, you can stay here with Daddy and everything will be OK...."
As the night went on, things did get better. Carmen put Maddie to bed and she slept until 4:30 this morning. She got up, had a few ounces to eat and has since gone back to sleep. Her fever is lower than it was, and things are getting better, for both Maddie and Daddy.

1 comment:

SLM said...

:( ohhh poor baby! I hope she feels better soon. You two are cute overprotective parents! Just think how adorable she will look with a little tooth!:)