Thursday, October 11, 2007

Madison Crawled on Friday

That is correct, she did! She crawled for the very first time on Friday, October 5th. I mean, she didn't crawl across the floor or anything, but she was up on her knees rocking, so I thought it would be a great time to work on it with her. I placed her toy giraffe in front her, just so she couldn't get it. She moved her left arm and right leg, and then the right arm and left leg, and then she decided it was too much work, she flopped on her belly and scooted the rest of the way to get her toy.
Of course, being the proud Mommy I am, I cried....I cheered....and then I consoled her because my cheering was a bit too loud....she didn't cry, but she sure wasn't happy by my hooting and hollering. I quickly grabbed "Bunny," she hugged him for a second and wanted to get back down to play on the floor in her room.
Great Grandma and Grandma got to see her in action as well. Saturday morning Maddie, Grandma, and Great Grandma Waters and I went to buy Great Grandma a new H.D. t.v. (Yup, Maddie's Great Grandma is very cool!). When we got it back to her house, I was programing it when Great Grandma Waters, said "Oh my, she just tried to crawl; and I think she did it one time." Grandma said, "Yup she did...good girl Madison!" There were no tears this time, but it was great the both the 'grams' got to see her in the beginning stages of crawling.
Before we know it, Maddie is going to retire the rolling and begin crawling...for real.

2 comments:

SLM said...

Yeah! How exciting!!!:)

Sarah said...

Oh life as you know it will start to change!! Its so fun when they start to crawl! And she eating big girl food...yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you given her a pickle yet!?!? I did it for the funny face and Jack actually liked it! He sucked on pickles all the time when he was teething real bad!!

We miss you down here in North Cakalaki!
Sarah, John and Jack