Monday, September 24, 2007

Working Mommy

A working mommy is a lot more than just a "working mommy." Today I didn't get home from work until about 9:00 because I had a dinner meeting to go to for work. It would have been a heck of a lot more informative had I not been so familiar with special education and co-teaching. I did meet a nice teacher who enjoys co-teaching and we chatted, no not about the seminar, about our children. She has a 3 month old and we shared stories about being first time mothers. Maybe I would have gotten more out of the session had I not been wishing I was at home feeding Madison her sweet potatoes and attempting to keep her hands out of her mouth and hair while she was eating. I couldn't help but think about how truly amazed she is by the fact that water is so much fun to splash in the bathtub. When does it get easier? When will I be able to focus all of my attention to one topic at work, instead of always reverting back to my cutie pie? Will it ever happen? Anyone have advice for me--a working mother who knows that is best for the family yet still has a strong desire to stay at home? Anyone????

1 comment:

SLM said...

I hope someone posts some good suggestions, because I have the same problem. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in your working mom woes!