Saturday, August 4, 2007

Getting Ready for Camping

Well, it is almost done...packing for tent camping with a 5 month old. I never realized how much stuff a baby needs. We do have an SUV, but it is packed to the max, and Carmen has yet to put his gear in. Maddie has a bag for her toys, a bag for her clothes, one for her bathing necessities, and of course one for her food. She also has a bag for the beach, a cabana, so she doesn't catch any rays, (not to mention the 3 tubes of Baby Aveeno sun block), her exersaucer, and of course some of her favorite stuffed animals....do you think I forgot anything? Oh yes, all of her blankets, and her pack-n-play (which is actually in Grandma's camper). I think that is all we need for a few days. We are not bringing the bathtub, as a good ol' bath in a dish pan never hurt anyone.

We are going with my parents, my siblings, and a few family friends will be popping in and out along the way. I sure hope we have good weather. What do you do with an infant when it rains and you are in the wilderness???? Let's not let our minds wander there.

I cannot wait to get down to the site, be all set up, and crack open a cold one with the family. Although, I am sure that is not how it is going to work out....this will be the real scenario.
• Carmen arrives and we begin setting up the tent.
• The poles to the tent are not fitting right and there is a bit of negative energy flying around the site. (*Use your imagination here)
• Maddie needs to be fed.
• The tent is up, but it is on a hill.
• Maddie needs to be changed.
• Here comes the "R" word that everyone hates when camping....
• Maddie wants some Mommy time.
• Carmen has to finish setting up.
• Maddie needs to catch some ZZZZZZZZs.
• We forgot how to put up the Pack-N-Play....

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda.... Don't get me wrong, I am more than excited to go, I am just keeping an open mind and know that I can be in for just about anything with our luck. Well, wish me luck (lots of it), and pray for some good weather along the way. I of course will post pictures when we return.

No comments: