Monday, December 10, 2007

Meesha and Medication

Well, as many of you know Madison had her series of tests on Friday of last week. I can honestly say it was the worst experience of my life. Hearing her scream from outside of the door and not being able to go in and make it all better was horrible. Carmen kept reminding me that she wasn't in pain, but was really angry that she had to be strapped down, which was true. She actually broke through the restraints 3 different times! I guess she is just a woman who knows what she wants when she wants it.
They did find reflux on the left side of her kidneys and bladder. She needs to be on medication until her body can "correct itself" so-to-speak. The doctors have said that on a scale of 0-5 hers is a level 2, which usually means that her body will be able to correct itself without having surgery. She will be on medication to keep the infections away, and could be on it until she is about 3 or 4, depending on how her body reacts. She will be going to see a pediatric urologist in January and he will read over the reports and will be monitoring her body's progress. So, we can all give a sigh of relief.
On the flip side, I am allergic to her medication and previously had an allergic reaction. SO, I will have to wear gloves every time I change her, or give her a bath, which sucks, but I am not going to have them change her medication just because I have an allergy, you know?
She is finally feeling like her good ol' self. She is pulling herself up on the couch and TV stand and will stand for about 20 minutes or so, holding on. She does take a few steps while holding on, but often times finds herself on her bum. Last night she stood by herself for about 3 second or so, but then realized what she was doing and held back on. She is still a baby in my eyes, though, as she still does not have a single tooth in her mouth! :)

No comments: